Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A New Challenge!

New school year, new co-homeroom teachers and most of all new batch of kids. This is my 3rd year in teaching kindergartens 3 and I can say that this batch a bit different with my past students. Yeah, I know it's not apt to compare but as a teacher you cannot ignore the fact to compare and think each weaknesses and strengths. The first month was really hard for us but we can see the development from them. Adjustment is really needed for them to adapt to their new stage of life. K2 life is easier than in K3 as to lessons, book completions etc. I just had my teaching observation last 29th of May, I can say it's not really bad seeing the effort done by my kids. It's the first day for the new lesson and I was amazed by the fact that they can do it. Very good job, kids! Meanwhile, what challenges me is the betternment of their speaking and reading skills. I have 23 kids and only Nona can talk to me in English, just because Nona practices English with her mom. But they can understand me in performing something about the lessons. Thai kids retention span is low and whenever they are apart with schooling, they can easily forget what they have studied in K2. Much more they didn't attend the summer classes. Classroom management is really a bit problem in my class but it's improving this time. We encountered many problems and surpassed them e.g. one of our kids (Fuji) was really affected but didn't wan to move to another class as a solution to it. let's wait for them to BLOOM as a beautiful FLOWER. Let's just be the things being added like water, sunshine and air....Keep striving kids and Good luck!

No comments:

"How to become teachable" 

#POWER Proverbs 1:7- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instructions. 1. Passion to learn   ...